Use APIs to fully automate a travel newsletter email
Use Parabola to create a full side-project or application, such as this travel newseltter, which uses 11 APIs to generate its content.
Blending APIs to create something unique
One of the coolest and most powerful Parabola features is its ability to easily pull in data from just about any API. This example takes that feature to the extreme, blending data from a huge variety of APIs to create a dynamic newsletter from scratch.
You can take a look below to see the various services we brought together to power this example. If you're interested in a deep dive on how everything works behind the scenes, check out this write-up one of our team members put together on Medium.
- Flight information from Skyscanner via RapidApi.
- Destination photos from Unsplash, ranked using Everypixel’s stock photo scoring API.
- Weather information from DarkSky.
- Hotel and restaurant info from the Michelin Guide API.
- Attraction information from the Google Places API.
- Hotel and attraction photos from Google Image Search via Google’s Custom JSON Search API.
- Descriptions of the destination city and the attraction from Wikipedia.