You work hard to make sure all of your Shopify data accurate and complete – use this flow to make sure all of that data also makes its way into ShipStation.
This flow pulls your products from both Shopify and ShipStation and updates ShipStation products with relevant data from Shopify. By default, this flow was built to sync Shopify's Variant: Barcode field to ShipStation's FulfillmentSKU field, though any field from Shopify can be synced over.
How to configure this recipe
- Click Configure this Recipe on the right-hand side of this page
- Double-click on the Shopify step to authorize your account and pull Products with Variants (show all columns)
- Get your API key and secret from Shipstation
- Now for the most involved part: "encode" your key and secret using this site, separating the two values with a colon – if your key is 123 and your secret is ABC, you would type 123:ABC -> >encode< -> copy the entire value from the lower text box (including any equal signs)
- Back in Parabola, open the Pull Products from ShipStation step, then paste your value in the Request Header section in place of "Paste Here" (leave "Basic " as is)
- Repeat step 4 for Update Products in ShipStation
- In the Update Products in ShipStation step, map out your column values in the Request Body. Different stores need different data points synced. By default, this flow will update the FulfillmentSKU field in Shopify, using the Variant: Barcode from Shopify. Since we must do a complete product update, make sure all relevant fields are mapped out, or else you risk losing data. To send Shopify data to ShipStation, make sure you're referencing the Shopify column in your curly brackets
- Once complete, hit "Run Flow" in the top right-corner (if you want to first do a test before updating all products, you can add a Limit Rows step right before the Update Products in ShipStation step)
- In the "Live" view of the flow, click Add a recurring schedule on the left-hand side. We recommend either hourly or daily scheduling.
Note: No data will actually be sent to ShipStation until you hit the "Run Flow" button.
If you run into any questions not answered above, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we're happy to help!